Saturday, August 14, 2010

Progress for progress sake! The Pencil skirt!

Today was the shell day! So, basically, putting stuff together. The problem is that I have been looking at so many blogs lately that my standards are so much higher now! I so my seams properly, my belt too, I don't skip interfacing anymore, I also stopped drawing the patterns on the fabric with a pen... OK, I must admit, I still used a pen for the lining! GUILTY! Throw me stones!

The pleads on the front were maybe simple to read in the magazine, but it took me ages to figure it out on the fabric, even if I did it 2 days ago with the muslin. In the end, it looks so so good, and it falls so so well!



I have also been a very good girl with the belt...


With the inside seams too (I used double sided kind of glue tapes, anyone know the English term for it?) and I opened them really nicelely. My grand ma would be almost pleased!


I have also done the invisible zipper, the button and the slit! I have also started the lining, I do not know if I'll be able to finish by tomorrow, because we are going to IKEA! Woooohooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails