Friday, November 5, 2010

TV Thursday: Detective Kate Beckett

Who does not like "Castle"? I just love it! It is cute and ironic. The dialogues make me think sometimes of Veronica Mars a few years ago.



This week, I have chosen to blog about Detective Kate Becket!
Kate Beckett is a tough, smart homicide detective with the NYPD -- a first-class investigator known for being a closer. She's also gained a reputation as a detective who's intrigued by the "freaky ones," the sort of cases that don't fit neatly into a box. It's a reflection of her ongoing quest for justice. Having joined the force after the murder of a loved one was never solved, she has a rare ability to empathize with the victims and it's this that fuels her unceasing drive to capture the people responsible. Forced to work with Castle, she's at first frustrated by his presence but over time begins to appreciate him. Even though he drives her crazy, she knows they make a great team.

Her wardrobe is going to be really different from the ones I wrote about previously! First thing, she wears pants, only. Sometimes a dress, that is, if she really really has to... To go with her trousers, she wears shirts and t-shirts. And of course, when she goes on adventures in the Big Apple, she wears leather coats, and Trench coats. Are you ready? Here we go!

Let's start with the pants. Detective Beckett must wear efficient pants. She might have to run after evil evil killers, you never know. Constant vigilance (as would Prof. Moody say). I have picked a Vogue number. Those pants are nice and wide. I love the belt, loops, and the evil welt pockets at the pack! She would have them in classic colors (gray, black, blue, brown).



To go with it, she's been wearing boat neck T-shirts lately. They are simple, classy, but they show her pretty neck. What do you think of this Vogue pattern? Very simple, right? It looks easy to make too. Same thing, Kate Beckett keeps it simple with the colors. White, blue, red, and so on. I would actually like it with a striped fabric.



She also wears nice shirts. Same story, they are well cut, and they are very feminine while being comfy. This is a new pattern from Vogue that I have chosen (I promise, I am not sponsored...). It is actually great, because it adapts to a few different bra sizes. I discovered it today, I didn't know that it existed. The view B is so nice, because it has 3/4 sleeves



Now, the funny ones! Detective Beckett does pulls off leather jackets! They are cool and make her look less classic and powerful. I really like this Vogue pattern. I love the detailing on the collar, and the sleeves! The pockets are great too. I would make it for myself in a light brown, with slightly darker brown details and a funky lining!



And last but not least, the Trench coat! Our detective wears it, for her, and my happiness! If you have been following me for a while, you know that I fell in love with a Burdastyle pattern a few months ago. It is looking so nice and classic. I would totally make it. However, the trench coat nice fabrics are WAY too expensive...


That's it for today!

Who would you like to see next week?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, a post about some of my favorite things: clothes and awesome female characters on TV! I'm bookmarking that Vogue button-front shirt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your acting !! nice film and nice clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find the boat neck tee shirt on internet, or a tee shirt who looks like the real one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails