I am happier after these steps. The coat is starting to have a life of its own! It all started getting better when I added the sleeves to the rest of the body of the coat.
|Don't they look pretty?|
|The seams are pressed open and catstitched|
|Doesn't it look so much better?|
|Even the back looks better...|
|It looks like the collar is not shaped, but there is another piece to it that you don't see here.|
And then, I got started on the lining. When I first chose my fabrics, I was going to use a polka dots kind of fabric. It was blue with yellow dots. But after a while, I kept on thinking: why not using this yellow/mosterd fabric I have in my stash? And I have gradually changed my mind. It is not a lining fabric per se, as it is a cotton but it is soft and slides enough to work as a lining. It will also make my coat a bit warmer as my wool is quite thin.
|The back ease, ironed and everything.|
|Both front pieces|
|The back side pieces.|
I have also hemmed the coat and the sleeves with my sticky magic thing!
And I have interfaced the facing pieces.
Quite a bit of work done, right! I am quite happy with all of this! It is really starting to shape up! And I am finally seeing an end to this huge project!
Tomorrow is Sunday and it will be a holiday. I will be back on Monday for day 6, which will be the about facing , interfacing, buttons and a small belt! Have a good week end...