First, the pockets! Believe it or not, it was my first real time adding pockets to something. I only trained once for a muslin.
|You have the first glimpse of my lining ;)|
|They are sewn on the side and on top. I have just done two rows of normal machine stitching around both pocket bags. More would have been too much bulk I think...|
Now is my favorite time! Putting pieces together! I like it because you can actually start seeing what the coat is going to look like. I was a bit disappointed because there was too much ease at the back and ripping the stitches would kill the wool. After I could try it on, I was a bit underwhelmed... My main issue has to do with the pattern I have used. As you can see, there are more pieces then for the Lady Grey (top and bottom are separated). It didn't look as pretty... I had worked quite a lot of hours on the coat and I almost jumped off the wagon. I am happy I didn't because it looks better today (I am a few steps ahead of these pictures)!
|Like I said, I was underwhelmed, but wait for tomorrow and the sleeves!|
|There was too much ease at the back but ripping the stitches is not an option as it would kill the wool. I am going to hide it with a back belt-ish piece. Trust me, it'll work!|
|The insides front. It looks so simple but it was a lot of catstitching!|
|Both front middles are nicely overlapping|
|The shoulders and the darts I added for a better fit during the muslin process.|
|Where it hurts to look!|
That's it for today!
For tomorrow, DAY 4 (already!), I'll show you how it all looks like with the sleeves and the upper collar in, with the body and the sleeves hemmed, AND with shoulder pads!
Until tomorrow ;)