Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crepe and other delights!

Hi everyone! While I prepare my last Me Made March post, I have yummy things to show you!

If you have read my last posts, you know that I am in a BlouseQuest! The second blouse that I made is based on a Colette Pattern: the Crepe. A little while ago, I used the whole thing to make a dress, during Gertie's Sew-Along. Little flashback...



Back then, I really enjoyed the pattern. This is why, a few days ago, when I was looking for nice blouses to sew, something clicked in my head... Why not using the Crepe!!!??? I quickly looked in my stash, and I found a cute green fabrics, with white polka dots AND a gorgeous contrasting fabric that has a history! Indeed, My Grand Ma used it to make my christening dress like 28 years ago!

Everything went really fast:

1) Make peplums (pepla...) from the skirt parts.
2) Use lace for the hem
3) Bias bind the edges instead of a facing
4) Deepen the neckline (I used a round one this time)

Tadaaaaaa!

Behind our pretty flowers and herbs!







Now, skip this part if you are hungry!

The day we took these pictures, I also cooked yummy things for guests. It was so sunny (but cold) and the light was so gorgeous that it made the food look even nicer!

Mixed Mushrooms soup

Savory scones (blue cheese, apples and sesame seeds) and cherry clafouti!




Mmmmmm, makes me feel hungry!

Anyway, that's all folks!

Do you like scones?
Do you use polka dots?

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I made a shortened version of the crepe as a muslin, just to check bodice fit and remember thinking it'd be a cute shirt! Yours is great - and I love the polka dots and lace! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's adorable! I keep going back and forth on the Crepe dress, I love it so much but I'm not sure it'll work on my body. I love using dress patterns for blouses, though :).

    I love polkadots on other people, I just have a hard time envisioning them on myself for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! (the blouse, dress AND the food) (and the seamstress/chef)(if that's not too creepy)

    I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and as a baby-sewer, I find it inspiring. I can't wait to make myself cute clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the cutest thing I have seen on this blog so far! I love the green color, it has spring written all over it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blouse it looks fantastic!...i couldn't skip the food bit, i'm very hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crepe pattern looks great as a blouse. Have just started to sew my own crepe this week.I love scones and polka dots. I especially like cheese scones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can vouch that the food didn't just look good, but tasted great too. We ate it :) Thanks again for the hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, that's so brilliant. If I would have known, I could have made my fit muslin in something pretty.


    I'm so doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails