I chose this one for a few reasons...
- I have seen a few pictures of bloggers' finished projects and they all look great!
- I love so many features of the pattern (shape of the skirt, hidden pockets, neckline, possibility of contrasting fabrics, scalloped sleeves).
- It was perfect for an idea that I had for ages (using lace).
- I wanted to try out a Colette Pattern before the Crepe Sew-along.
- It will make a great end-of-year-party-dress.
As I wrote, I want to use lace. I went for black as I am not as brave as Gertie! I have seen so many great dresses in magazines for the past few months, and I really wanted to have mine... For example, this dress is so perfect, but what else would you expect from Stella McCartney!
Of course, I cannot use that kind of cut with my wobbly bits. This is why the Macaron will be great. I'll have lace on the yokes and on the belt. It will be paired with a simple black fabric. Now, I had to take a decision about how to use the lace. With, or without another fabric that is paired to it. I went for the "with" because I didn't want the darts and seams to be visible. It will also be more wearable and secure... This is why my lace will be paired with a light ivory thin fabric.
I am busy with my muslin at the moment and trying to fix a few issues. I'll blog more about it tomorrow!
What do you think?
Are you sewing a winter-party-dress?