Sunday, June 26, 2011

The come back skirt

Hello peeps!

My last post was mid-april! Which makes 2 months without anything! Crazy right? Well, for my defense, I did have a month of training abroad, and then another month with the new job AND the Dutch course to study in the evening! Which is no more, because I passed the end exam lat week, and I passed with very nice grades! Yeay!

As long as sewing goes, I have finished a few pieces, and it is finally time to get out and take the pictures with Mister. And today, I introduce you the first thing I finished in April: a Semi-Circle Grey skirt!!!

With my Crepe blouse and my rain boots :)
I wanted a basic piece for work that is flattering and versatile. Something cute that you can wear with sober tones or with flashy colors! I have drafted the semi-circle pattern, which was pretty straight-forward. I have also decided to use a few extra details...

It has been raining during the whole month, and I just wish it was sunny yet!

- I wanted a high belt piece that does not lose its shape after 3 hours... This is why I fused a few layers of interfacing and topstitches a few raws on it. It is now nice and solid. It provides a very nice shape that cinches the waist in.



- I used some horsehair braid at the hem to give even more shape to the skirt. I do not like when they fall flat... And, at that time, Gertie was posting about them. It is actually so easy to use and it gives an instant reward!



- I wanted a fluffy lining. This is why I have actually cut a circle skirt for it. It was my first one ever, and it is so so easy too. I have added a cute trimming to it. You do not see it when I walk or sit or anything, but I know that it is there, and it is the most important.




And here we go... There are quite a few projects to come (dresses, dresses, and dresses...) AND a giveaway. This one will be a completely worth it! Trust me!!!

I am so glad that I am finally coming back to this!!! Have a very nice Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely skirt! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you again! That looks like a great skirt--practical, sturdy, yet pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Laurwyn! Lovely to see your smiling face again. You've just reminded me to add a half circle skirt to my sewing list :)
    ~Alana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful. I love it! I also really need to apologize for never thanking you for the awesome dress I won in your last giveaway. It was such an ordeal with my post office that I sorta let it slip my mind. BUT THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

    I'm glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're back, so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great skirt, looks lovely on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's so cute and looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurwyn, it´s great that you´re back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails