I first took care of the belt thingy at the back and of the buttons, before sewing the facing and lining in. I really like the look of the custom made buttons.
|It even hides the middle pleat|
|Aren't they cute?|
I never really did those things before, and I want everything to be neat. It is a little bit stressing! Especially as some of the pieces tend to go a tiny bit off (my fault, I asked my Mister to draw the pattern on the fabric). But they are not too off either! In the end, I am very happy with the combo lining/facing. It looks way neater then I would have expected. I have added the sleeves too, but there is no picture of it...
|Altogether without the sleeves. I love the collar!|
|Attaching the collar was very tricky with all those pieces but I really like the result!|
|Of course, some catstitching!|
|More catstitching. The shoulders still have to be done.|
There is not that much left! I just have to sew the lining/interfacing to the shell, hem the sleeves and the coat, and add a cute detail. Here is a hint...